Sunday 7 September 2008

Allotment News

Most of the harvest from the allotment seems to be already over, although I'm really looking forward to the pumpkin meal we're planning to make with our huge pumpkin. The two vegetables that we still have in abundance are chard and perpetual spinach. These are quite similar and it's difficult to come up with varied meals that all the family will eat. The other day I made spinach and feta filo parcels which were delicious, and I recently made a cheese and chard pasta bake. What else can I do with chard and spinach?

We do also have sweetcorn which both the boys love. It's quite funny watching them both chewing the kernels off the cob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

spinach and ricotta canneloni
(or lasagne)

Judy said...

Sounds good. I haven't made lasagne for ages.